How’s your Tuesday been?
I generally feel a bit meh on a Tuesday, no idea why really but I just don’t tend to do much.
I achieved an online food shop (go me)! I love being able to do a click and collect for the same day pick up, definitely something Tesco has that other supermarkets don’t, I just desperately needed shopping today and could not be bothered to go to a shop. I was able to choose a slot of 6pm-8pm which worked well around our day.
The only other thing I achieved today was a second school run which I didn’t time very well as this happened
Myself and teen made a rice dish for dinner, I promise I don’t order the children to cook, they just want to learn.
- White rice
- Red peppers
- Red onion
- Runner beans
It’s a very chucked together meal but it is so tasty and makes a lot so we can keep some for lunch the next day.
- Fry the chicken in coconut oil until starting to brown. Remove from pan.
- Gently fry the chorizo which we sliced about half a cm thick.
- Once the chorizo starts browning we added the garlic, onions and peppers stirring often so the onions don’t burn.
- After about 5 minutes we added the mushrooms and runner beans and cooked for a further 5 minutes before adding the chicken back in.
- Mix it all together and gradually add the rice so it coats with all the flavours in the pan.
Such a simple but tasty meal and the teen changes things up with different vegetables or sometimes adds prawns instead of chicken or as well as.
Do you let your children/teens cook?